Tuesday 18 March 2014

ON TOP OF THE WORLD!

Yesterday, there were traffic jams almost everywhere in Delhi due to water logging after a heavy evening downpour.   

On my way back to home from my office in Noida, I was trying hard while walking fast to avoid water soaking my shoes. At some places, I had to jump over water from one elevated place to another and while doing so, I felt proud being physically fit even in my forties!

On one such occasion, I was about to jump but suddenly stopped when I saw a street dog standing just where I had to land, waiting for HIS chance to cross over to where I was standing. HE had a 'Ghajini' style six pack body!

As HE had come first, I was supposed to give way to him but I, being ‘intelligent and the chosen one’, shouted at HIM in my native language, Malayalam, “വഴി മാറെടാ പട്ടീ I!” (Hindi Translation: ‘Raaste se hat jaa kuthe!’. English Translation: ‘Move away from my way you dog!’)

HE looked at me straight into my eyes and from HIS facial expression I could read what HE was thinking. It was like, “You cultureless and worthless human being, I cannot expect anything different from you! But my culture doesn’t allow me to fight with you!!”

HE then turned left and walked away through the water.

Suddenly I was on top of the world as I could upset and defeat a street dog even without a fight!

Yes, I am on top of the world.

I cannot stop but sharing my victory to you all.

Let us celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment